U15 / U18 Junior Curling Program
Head Coaches: Ben Graham, Gayle Salter-Kennedy
Assistant Head Coach: TBD
Assistant Coaches: Sarah Dougall, Randy Buhrow, Dawn Sherk, Others TBD
For the 2019-2020 season, we are continuing our core and competition streams of U15 and U18 Junior curling. Like previous seasons, our CORE Sunday program is open to all youth that register - whether their goals are social/recreational or competitive.
Youth that are interested in being part of a competitive Ayr youth team are encouraged to attend one or both of the try-out evenings being held at the club. Try-outs dates for the 2019-2020 season will be confirmed soon!
- Time will be available Tue Oct 1 (TBD) and Thu Oct 3 (TBD) from 6pm to 6:50pm for coming out onto the ice
- This time will be used as a try-out for Junior curlers who are interested in a more competitive curling experience (ie: bonspiels, exhibition games, OJCT events, and OCA-sanctioned events)
- Previous junior curling members & new faces are welcome!
- Ben and Gayle, along with other volunteer coaches, will be on hand to run you through some practice drills - throwing, sweeping, strategy
- For those that make the 'teams', you'll be notified by Fri Oct 4 (TBD), and you'll start practicing Tue Oct 8th! (TBD) Ice time for these teams will be available Tue 4:45-6:00pm and Sun 1:00-2:30pm
- Bonspiel & event schedule will be discussed once the teams are confirmed (anytime between July & October!)
- Good luck to everyone! See you at the club!
CORE U15/U18 stream:
- Sundays from 1:00-2:30pm
- Develop team and sport etiquette while learning balance, delivery, sweeping, strategy
- Participate in ad-hoc Interclub games with other youth curlers from area curling clubs
COMPETITION U15/U18 stream:
- Sundays from 1:00-2:30pm & Tuesdays from 4:45-6:00pm
- Focus on team building, structured game play, improving strategy & endurance
- Participate in some ad-hoc Interclub games with other youth curlers from area curling clubs
- Compete in bonspiels, OJCT and OCA events at other clubs as a team
- Opportunity to assist on Sunday's with the Little Rock curlers